Re: Commit mistake?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Commit mistake?
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 18:34:50 +0200

> From: Stephen Berman <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 14:22:13 +0100
>
> I just committed a fix for bug#33423 to master (29ef7d1), and somehow
> the commit included an entire unrelated file, nt/gnulib.mk.  I don't
> know how this happened, because that is a file I'm not aware of ever
> having touched, let alone changed (it's a generated file).  I don't know
> if this is a problem but if it is, can someone who knows what to do
> please take care of it, or tell me how to?

Just delete that file, it should not be in the repository.  "git rm"
etc. (Let me know if you need more detailed instructions.)

> And also tell me how to avoid a possible reoccurrence of in future
> commits?  Thanks and sorry for the nuisance.

The only reliable way I know of is to say "git show" after committing
and before pushing, and review the diffs carefully making sure the
commit only includes what I meant it to.