Re: menu-bar-help-menu

From: Tak Kunihiro
Subject: Re: menu-bar-help-menu
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 09:02:28 +0900

>> I often find help menu to be very useful.  I think the word "Emacs" is
>> too often shown up in the help menu.  Most of "Emacs" in the help menu
>> could be taken out to read better.  I propose the new help menu as
>> shown below.
>
> FWIW, I think removing "Emacs" from these items will make their intent
> less clear.  I also don't understand how their presence can make the
> items less readable, can you explain?

When I click `Help' I suppose that all items would be related with
Emacs.  However, because some items are with explicit "Emacs", I notice
that that is not always the case.  Actually the item `About GNU' is not
directly related with Emacs.

Then it is unclear if `How to report a Bug' and `Send Bug Report...'
are related with Emacs, GNU, or something else.  If "Emacs" is taken
out, it is clear all items expect for `About GNU' are about Emacs.