RE: History info in C-h f

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: History info in C-h f
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 16:30:02 -0800 (PST)

> Not sure if we should install this, especially since it's far from
> reliable, but I've just whipped up the code below and figured some of
> you might like it.
>
> With this hack (which can go into your ~/.emacs), `C-h f defmacro`
> dutifully informs you that `defmacro` was added to Emacs-1.2 (at least,
> if you're on `master` and have upgraded very recently), whereas `C-h
> f advice-add` informs you that it was only introduced in Emacs-24.4.

Some such feature would be great.  It would be better
if it didn't depend on NEWS (which doesn't record all
new functions and variables), and if it were in fact
somehow completely automatic, e.g., set for a given
function or variable when a release is built (e.g.
comparing against a list of pre-existing such).