Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 13:29:55 +0100

Am 01.11.2018 um 11:36 schrieb Alan Mackenzie:
I would also go for "... the expected structure of each LIST element ..."
and "... bindings of the corresponding parts of the element during ....".
And one or two other changes.  That would give something like this:

     (pcase-dolist (PATTERN LIST) BODY...)

     Loop over a list, evaluating BODY for each element of LIST in turn.

     PATTERN describes the expected structure of each LIST element and is
     used to establish bindings to the corresponding parts of the element
     during the evaluation of BODY.  Undefined behavior results if the
     structure of any LIST element is different from PATTERN.

     For a description of PATTERNs, see `pcase'.  See also `dolist'.

What do you think?

I'd lose the plural "s" on "PATTERN" in the last sentence, but other than that I think it strikes the right balance between brevity and explaining the obvious.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)