Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 1a6f595: * src/minibuf.c (read_minibuf): Add a

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 1a6f595: * src/minibuf.c (read_minibuf): Add a FIXME comment.
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 07:59:45 -0400

> I went back to the earliest (circa 1991) minibuf.c in our repository and
> couldn't see a print1/print there either.

I expect the potential prints where done via `format` and/or from Elisp code.

> Perhaps this dates back to an earlier time when the minibuffer (or at least
> the minibuffer prompt) couldn't be multiline,

Not sure what earlier time you're thinking of.  My minibuffer-only frame
is still single-line, with no sign that it will grow a second line any
time soon.

In any case, I don't think this buffer-local binding is right, so
I suggest removing it on `master`.

        Stefan