Re: [emacs-announce] Emacs pretest 26.1 RC1 is out

From: Jostein Kjønigsen
Subject: Re: [emacs-announce] Emacs pretest 26.1 RC1 is out
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 11:20:37 +0200

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018, at 8:48 PM, Phillip Lord wrote:
Nicolas Petton <address@hidden> writes:
The first release candidate for what will be the 26.1 release of Emacs
(the extensible text editor) is available at

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz

You can get the PGP signature at

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz.sig

Please give it as much testing as you can.

As always, if you encounter problems building or using Emacs,
send a report to address@hidden with full details
(if possible, use M-x report-emacs-bug).

Thanks for helping to test Emacs.

Windows Binaries are available for RC1.

https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/

This includes both 64 and 32 bit versions and, by default, includes all
the dependencies for a full Emacs experience.

I haven't done any extensive testing on this Windows-build, but I'd just like to confirm it unpacks and runs nicely for a few select projects I have across various languages and third-party packages I use.

After fooling around a little, I still I haven't encountered any noteworthy issues.

So here's at least 1 user calling in, having completed some rudimentary smoke-testing. Which if nothing else, at least should be better than no testing at all :)

--
Regards
Jostein Kjønigsen