Re: Extending the ecomplete.el data store.

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Extending the ecomplete.el data store.
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 23:00:36 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Another approach is to update more carefully: check that all words from
> the old variation still appear in the new variation, and if not, check
> if new words appeared (as above): if not it means replacing the old with
> the new would reduce the amount of info so it's probably not a good
> idea, and if yes then prompt the user.

We'd still need to expand the storage so that we know what we're
expanding to.

So if we have the following scenario:

Karl Fogel <address@hidden>
HAHAHA <address@hidden>

we do not want to expand to "Karl Fogel HAHAHA <address@hidden>" if
the user types "Karl".  Perhaps we even want "HAHAHA" to expand to
"Karl Fogel <address@hidden>"?  In any case, I think the way to
achieve this is to do what Karl suggests, and store all the variations
and make the user interface be clever.