Re: Split `simple.el'?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Split `simple.el'?
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2018 23:29:20 +0300

>> What about moving whole files to subdirectories?  I suggest moving
>> all image related packages to the recently created directory ‘image’.
>
> Moving of whole files is better supported by the VCS, but we still
> should have a good reason for that.
>
> What files are those you'd like to move,

Everything that matches “image” in the file name:

ezimage.el
iimage.el
image-dired.el
image.el
image-file.el
image-mode.el

and maybe more image-related packages like doc-view.el.

> and why?

To group packages of the same category into one place,
to the created subdirectory “image” (if I correctly understand
the purpose of this new subdirectory).