Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 613c9a5: Update Org to v9.1.9

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 613c9a5: Update Org to v9.1.9
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2018 21:05:10 +0200

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the explanation.

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Thanks, but this merge should have been discussed first.  Most of its
>> > changes are no-brainers, but some are non-trivial, and we should have
>> > talked about them before the merge, to make sure we understand all the
>> > tradeoffs, and indeed the changes are safe for Emacs 26.1.
>>
>> These should all be bugfixes and should not alter features.  In general,
>> minor release changes relate to bug reports on the Org mailing list or
>> debbugs.
>
> I understand, but experience taught me that different people tend to
> see bugfixes from different perspectives and assess their risks
> differently.  It's quite possible that, have you described the
> non-trivial changes, we'd all agree that they are safe enough.  But it
> could be that some of them would have been considered too risky.

I am happy to put together a change log if that would be helpful.  We have
a change log entry for each change.

In the future, if we are close to a release I’ll obviously ping the list
before merging a new version, even if deemed minor from the Org devs point
of view.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
Lasciate ogni speranza o voi che entrate: siete nella mani di'machellaio