Re: Continuous image scrolling

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Continuous image scrolling
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 22:54:50 +0300

>> use font-lock machinery to replace placeholders with
>> generated images when the user navigates to other parts
>> of the PDF buffer.
>
> Interesting idea!  But would that be responsive, for
> the user?  Would the images be generated on the fly?
> Would they be automatically deleted and garbaged
> afterward?

I think it will be no less responsive than other PDF readers
that also generate images on the fly.  But the main problem is
how to pre-render these placeholders to avoid visible jumps on
inserting new images.  Maybe we need to scan the whole PDF document
and get dimensions of all pages, then use them for placeholders.