Re: Occasional Crash When Running `rgrep`

From: aditya siram
Subject: Re: Occasional Crash When Running `rgrep`
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 14:03:54 -0600

I forgot to include the relevant version info, sorry:
$ emacs --version
GNU Emacs 25.1.1
GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Emacs
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
$ uname -r
4.4.38-1-lts

Hi,
Of late I've been getting occasional Emacs crashes with the following backtrace:
$ emacs -nw
Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault
Backtrace:
emacs[0x4fbdb2]
emacs[0x4e3389]
emacs[0x4fa83e]
emacs[0x4faa43]
emacs[0x4faaaf]
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.0(+0x11080)[0x7f1ebfa42080]
emacs(re_search_2+0x38c)[0x53168c]
emacs[0x526c12]
emacs[0x527565]
emacs[0x527747]
emacs[0x554416]
emacs[0x58a32b]
emacs[0x553e7d]
emacs[0x55426b]
emacs[0x58a32b]
emacs[0x553e7d]
emacs[0x55426b]
emacs[0x58a32b]
emacs[0x553e7d]
emacs[0x55426b]
emacs[0x58a32b]
emacs[0x55426b]
emacs[0x5544dc]
emacs[0x552695]
emacs[0x554351]
emacs[0x58a32b]
emacs[0x55426b]
emacs[0x58a32b]
emacs[0x55426b]
emacs[0x58a32b]
emacs[0x55426b]
emacs[0x552de6]
emacs[0x42abca]
emacs[0x437f5f]
emacs[0x438087]
emacs[0x43c3ea]
emacs[0x440ca2]
emacs[0x43f105]
emacs[0x44a3c8]
emacs[0x44d00a]
emacs[0x460b9e]
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I can't reproduce this minimally but it seems to happen when (1) I'm using emacsclient, the above crashed during an `emacsclient -c` session, and (2) when running some kind of file search, I usually use rgrep.

Thanks!
-deech