Re: When should ralloc.c be used? (WAS: bug#24358)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: When should ralloc.c be used? (WAS: bug#24358)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 21:25:53 -0400

  > Could this be found by doing a debugging build where malloc
  > aborts in the conditions where it can't be called directly or
  > indirectly?

We could make the functions that create pointers into buffers also
increment a global counter when they do that, and decrement the
counter when done.  malloc would abort if the counter is nonzero.

The hard part would be arranging to reset the counter to zero when
there is a nonlocal exit out of such a region.

--
Dr Richard Stallman