Re: feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added

From: Alain Schneble
Subject: Re: feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 11:31:11 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> If load-path is rearranged when a newer version of Org is installed,
> and org-loaddefs are regenerated, then, after a restart, any 'load'
> and 'require' will find the new files first, and the old ones will be
> effectively invisible to Emacs.  Right?

I think that regenerating *-loaddefs as Eli pointed out will solve the
effective issue at hand.  What's not covered though is that it might
still be possible to explicitly load/require an old file that is no
longer there in the new version - e.g. (load "org-html") using the
example given by Phillip.  But will that really be a problem at all?
And if it is, we may find a solution for this.  And we have to keep in
mind that after all, this will most probably only happen with large
packages that will have their own directory anyway.

Alain