Re: Concurrency, again

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Concurrency, again
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 18:24:36 -0700

RS> I thought that "concurrency" and "parallelism" were the same. I don't
RS> understand the distinction you are making.

"Concurrency is when two or more tasks can start, run, and complete in
overlapping time periods. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll ever both be
running at the same instant. Eg. multitasking on a single-core machine.

Parallelism is when tasks literally run at the same time, eg. on a multicore
processor." -- Stack Overflow