Re: Proposal: make prog2 a macro

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: Proposal: make prog2 a macro
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 12:40:19 +0900 (JST)

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016, Wilfred Hughes wrote:

On 7 October 2016 at 04:08, Tino Calancha <address@hidden> wrote:

Maybe you could also replace any mention of prog2 as a special form,
again without being exhaustive, for instance,
unsafep.el.

OK, here's an updated patch. I've removed the usage of backquote as
suggested, and updated unsafep.el, bytecomp.el and cl-macs.el. I've
grepped through Emacs for other references to prog2, I think I've
covered everything.
Thank you very much.
I have one question regarding following file:

* lisp/emacs-lisp/byte-opt.el (byte-optimize-form-code-walker):

Do we still need to byte optimize the `prog2' forms arguments
after you changed it to a macro?