Re: Dired: Improve symmetry in mark/unmark commands bound to keys

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Dired: Improve symmetry in mark/unmark commands bound to keys
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 12:54:02 +0300

> From: Tino Calancha <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 18:21:51 +0900 (JST)
> cc: Tino Calancha <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>     address@hidden, Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> > FWIW, I'm okay with this.
> >
> >> I mean, we should not invert the number of C-u's in I) II)
> >
> > Indeed, no need.
> >
> > Thanks.
> Thank you Eli.  I propose following patch:

Thanks, I have a couple of minor comments below.

> * doc/misc/dired-x.texi: Update documentation for 'dired-mark-extension'.

This part of the log entry should state in parentheses the node in
which the change is being made, as if the node were a function.

>   is not automatically prepended to the string entered, you must type it
> -explicitly.  If invoked with a prefix argument, this command asks for
> -a character to use as the marker.
> +explicitly.
> +If invoked with prefix argument @kbd{C-u}, this command unmark files instead.
> +Calling it with the @kbd{C-u C-u} prefix, asks for a character to use
"If called" sounds better and more correct English-wise.

> +as the marker, and mark files with it.
                      ^^^^
"marks"

> +Prefixed with two C-u’s, prompt for MARKER-CHAR and mark files with it."
                        ^
Please use the ASCII apostrophe character ' here, not ’, so that the
user could control the result via text-quoting-style.

With the above gotchas fixed, this is okay for the master branch.