Re: Lisp watchpoints

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Lisp watchpoints
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 19:57:05 -0500

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 09:12:34 -0500
>> From: Noam Postavsky <address@hidden>
>> Cc: John Wiegley <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,
>>       Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>>
>> > Ffuncall does all necessary checks.
>>
>> It would signal in case of error right? Currently the code is ignoring
>> bad watcher elements (including out of range integers), but perhaps
>> it's actually better to signal an error.
>
> No, I think it would be better to report an error, and then continue,
> perhaps after removing the watch.

I'm thinking to just call display-warning then (removing the element
looks like too much work to be worthwhile, having to modify the list
while iterating over it is kind of annoying).

I noticed that display_malloc_warning passes intern ("emergency") as
the LEVEL, but it should be intern (":emergency") (with a colon),
right?