Re: Contributors and maintainers

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer
Subject: Re: Contributors and maintainers
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 19:24:06 +0200

"John Wiegley" <address@hidden> writes:

>> But wouldn't it be better to contribute a set of ERT tests for
>> `shell-quote-argument' in order to increase the trust we can have in it and
>> possibly find and fix problems it might actually have?
>
> I've asked for this several times. I'm still waiting on a response, even if
> it's just, "I don't want to." Which is odd given that one of the central
> complaints is that the submitter feels ignored.
>
> I'll ask again: Taylan, would you be willing to provide us with tests to
> demonstrate the flaws in `shell-quote-argument'?

Sorry that I'm not answering everything in this utter chaos, I genuinely
forget.

I may work on that in the future.  Currently I'm way too agitated to
want to spend any more effort on the code, although sorting out the
social problems might be very beneficial, but that doesn't seem to go
anywhere either...

Taylan