Re: "... the window start at a meaningless point within a line."

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: "... the window start at a meaningless point within a line."
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 09:56:51 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
>> Cc: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
>> Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 22:46:57 +0200
>>
>> > Just turn on the 'hebrew' input method and start typing.
>
>> דוד doesn't look all that different from L2R text.
>
> Yes, that's an example.  But this example is actually not what Alan
> should look at, he should look at something like this:
>
>   L2R paragraph with some דוד מלך ישראל R2L text.

Ah, I was just joking about "David" being a palindrome once you throw
out the vowels.  Admittedly, a barely literate joke.  It's my guess one
would not even put back the vowels in Yiddish which is spelled more or
less phonetically with the exception of (non-modern) Hebrew loan words.
But I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

--
David Kastrup