Re: Configure script tutorial/doc

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Configure script tutorial/doc
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 21:44:06 -0400

On Oct 14, 2015, at 7:01 PM, Aurélien Aptel <address@hidden> wrote:

> The configure machinery is hairy, especially for someone who doesn't
> know autoconf. I've made a short guide on it on the emacs wiki.
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/HackerGuide#toc8

Thank you!
I wish I had had this a few years ago.

One thing that I find particularly hairy is the dumping mechanism.  Extending
site-load.el is very tricky, and the limitations are difficult to understand.
lisp.mk is helpful and needs to be mentioned.  If there’s no good documentation
already, it would be great if this Wiki page could discuss it.