Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Aurélien Aptel
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 12:44:00 +0200

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 2:25 AM, Philipp Stephani <address@hidden> wrote:
> Agreed. I've implemented Daniel's suggestion on the tls-error branch, it
> seems to work fine (but note that environments are now no longer global, so
> storing away emacs_values without global references now will lead to
> undefined behavior).

Yeah I just realized that. The nice thing with just casting is its the
same memory object and the stack-scanning GC just works. Having the GC
is nice...
Again, IIUC, the only problem is on 32bit with wide-int, which is off
by default.

> Let's see what will get accepted upstream.

That's sneaky... but this is how the free software world works I guess...