Re: Master is broken

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Master is broken
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 13:54:48 +0300

> From: Andy Moreton <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:44:24 +0100
>
> > I'm not really sure what's going on here, all this INLINE stuff is too
> > complicated.  These 2 inline functions are clearly visible in the
> > preprocessed source, and still the linker barfs.  The only way I could
> > make it link successfully was by including puresize.h in emacs.c as
> > well, but then temacs crashed during loadup.
>
> The comments in the definition of INLINE explain how this is supposed to
> work.

They do?  Then I'm probably missing something, because I cannot find
where it says that emacs.c should include any header that uses INLINE.
(Do you mean the comments in conf_post.h?)  I arrived at that by using
"nm -A" on the various *.o files that use INLINE, looking for *.o
files that define those symbols.

> I see the same errors with mingw64: the patch below fixed
> bootstrap for me.

I installed the change in emacs.c recently.  The change in puresize.h
is not needed to fix the problem, neither on GNU/Linux nor in the
mingw32 build.  Are you saying that without the changes in puresize.h
you cannot compile/link the current master?  If so, please show the
error messages.

Thanks.