Re: New maintainer

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: New maintainer
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 01:47:08 +0300

On 10/05/2015 01:28 AM, Jens K. Loewe wrote:

Which is a pretty OK rule, I just wanted you to consider that having a
"broken by design" Windows or OSX version of a GNU tool will rather make
people drop the tool than their operating system.

Why don't we stop this thread of discussion right here?

Emacs is highly unlikely to become "broken by design" on Windows or OS X while there are volunteers willing to contribute their time to that purpose.

The only "breakage" that's likely to occur is Emacs can have features not working there, while being functional on GNU platforms. That will also be predicated on whether a feature in question needs special support for the OS in question, and whether there are volunteers interested in contributing that support.