Re: make-pointer-invisible on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: make-pointer-invisible on Windows
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 11:43:54 +0300

> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 08:55:26 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
>  > As for not redrawing the frame during these synchronous operations, I
>  > will try to see why it happens (strangely, I only see it on XP, but
>  > not on Windows 7).
>
> This would be fine.

Btw, how does this work on X?  When we wait in waitpid for a
subprocess launched via "M-!", we are not supposed to call the
read-socket hook, so the X messages that tell us to redraw portions of
our frames are not supposed to be redrawn.  If this is what happens,
then the w32 behavior seems to be consistent; if not, what am I
missing here?  Specifically, can you show a backtrace on X from calls
to expose_frame when we are waiting for a synchronous subprocess?

TIA