Re: A simple solution to "Upcoming loss of usability ..."

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: A simple solution to "Upcoming loss of usability ..."
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 01:55:17 +0300

On 06/26/2015 01:45 AM, Paul Eggert wrote:

OK, that can be the format-message function already discussed.

Indeed.

So the
font-lock proposal isn't intended to address the problem of diagnostics,
or of info or help buffers for that matter; it's intended only to
address the issue of displaying docstrings to a developer who's editing
Elisp code.  Is that correct?

Not correct. font-lock runs in the help buffers, as well as info (if I'm not mistaken), so that approach can be used in those too.

Haven't you seen my recent message with the patch for help-mode?