Re: [Emacs-diffs] map 988d721: Add a pcase pattern for maps and `map-let

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] map 988d721: Add a pcase pattern for maps and `map-let' based on it
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 18:39:49 -0400

>> - let KEY be evaluated rather than having it be quoted.  I.e. require
>> the programmer to write 'a when looking up the key `a'.  It costs an
>> extra quote in some/many cases, but does give you extra power.
> Do you think it would be worth it? I'm not sure.

Not sure either; it will clearly depend on actual uses.
This said, if the main case where the quote would be needed is when KEY
is a (non-keyword) symbol, then it's probably worth the extra
flexibility since you could say that an element of the form SYMBOL is
treated as equivalent to ('SYMBOL SYMBOL), so the extra quote will be
very rarely needed.

        Stefan