emacs-chess for ELPA?

From: Mario Lang
Subject: emacs-chess for ELPA?
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 00:41:02 +0200

Hi.

John Wiegley has written a very comprehensive chess library for Emacs
Lisp.  While version 2.0 has now taken almost 10 years to really
complete, development has been continued recently by me in the github
repository https://github.com/jwiegley/emacs-chess

emacs-chess is a complete chess client implementation for Emacs, including all
the
standard rules, move generation, SAN parsing, FEN/PGN parsing, a
pgn-mode, the ability to play against several engines (gnuchess, crafty,
UCI based engines, even an internal elisp based engine), special support
for playing on internet chess servers, various chessboard display tpyes
(from simple ASCII to graphical pieces), chess clocks, the ability to
announce moves with soundfile playback or speech synthesis, chess
opening classification, polyglot opening book lookup, SCID chess
database support, and much much more.

As an Emacs user who likes to play Chess, you should have a look at it.

All the introductory text aside, while taking up development to finally
get 2.0 out the door, I was thinking about getting it on ELPA.
While the documentation in the emacs manual is rather clear on how to
create multi file packages, there is no pointer (that I could
find) on how to submit packages to ELPA.  I'd like to ask here what the
procedure is for a pakcage to be added to the gnu repository?

P.S.: If you take a look at emacs-chess and have any problems getting it
to work, or get any unexpected backtraces, please get in touch with me.
Pull requests are also very welcome!

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕