Re: Lisp mode syntax table

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: Lisp mode syntax table
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 07:02:02 +0100

Might be a problem in smartparen.  What does it do that you dislike?

The problem may not be the class of ?| per se, but the interaction with ?: .
The whole thing |rdf|:|someClass| should be considered as a symbol.
At the moment, using smartparen to push a ?) through this symbol,
you start by putting it here :
|rdf|):|someClass|
then here
|rdf| :)|someParen|
(notice that a space has been added)
and last here
|rdf| : |someClass|)
Smartparen relies on syntax tables for motion and categorizing symbols.
Its author pointed me to the syntax class of ?|, and I actually wonder in CL
if ?| shouldn't be part of the symbol rather than a string delimiter.
In CL standard syntax, it is also used in multi lines comments
#| ... |#
There maybe other uses I don't remember.

Fabrice