Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r116379: Replace "Maintainer: FSF" with the emac

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r116379: Replace "Maintainer: FSF" with the emacs-devel mailing address
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 12:12:19 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>>   Replace "Maintainer: FSF" with the emacs-devel mailing address
>
> Why?  I mean, I agree that "FSF" is not really right

OK, that was my main point. The FSF is the copyright holder for Emacs,
yes, but it does not maintain it. Also it seems better to use a real
(list) email address, since IME people try to mail it sometimes.

> In many/most cases "FSF" really meant "there's no maintainer". So
> instead of "address@hidden" maybe we should use "None" or
> "Wanted".

Not sure I agree, but I certainly would not object to adding something
about a Maintainer being wanted in some cases (but not all). But then
interested people should contact... emacs-devel.