Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r109306: Use an include file in c

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r109306: Use an include file in configure.ac's AH_BOTTOM
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:01:10 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Btw, if the idea of conf_post.h is to be the only place of
> system-dependent configury that isn't autoconfiscated

That wasn't particularly the intention, it was just necessary to work
around an autoconf issue;
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2006-10/msg00020.html

> , and if we want to remove src/s/ altogether, would it be okay to move
> stuff from msdos.h and ms-w32.h into conf_post.h?

I'm obviously hoping Someone (TM) will remove s/msdos.h and s/ms-w32.h,
either by moving them to the nt/ or msdos/ directory (or if all else
fails, to src/), or by folding them in to config.nt or some other
place...  No other platform uses config_opsysfile any more, so ideally
that would be removed altogether from conf_post.h.

ms-w32.h is kind of massive, so IMO it would be ugly for that to be in
conf_post.h; but since that platform uses an entirely different
config.nt, I don't see any reason for all that stuff to end up in
conf_post.h. I'd just have an extra section at the end of config.nt that
is not synced from config.in.

AMPERSAND_FULL_NAME and subprocesses obviously belong in configure.ac; I
moved them.