Re: Modifying Emacs to use the Mac OS X Keychain Services

From: Dave Abrahams
Subject: Re: Modifying Emacs to use the Mac OS X Keychain Services
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 12:33:42 -0400

on Sat Jul 28 2012, Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche-AT-math.ntnu.no> wrote:

> Since this scratches an itch of my own, I cooked up the following.
> Feel free to adapt, bend and mutilate it to your heart's content.
>
> (defun get-keychain-password (service)

Haha, thanks, but writing a function to invoke /usr/bin/security and get
the password back is no problem for me; what baffles me is how to plug
this thing into Gnus so I don't need to supply a password when
.authinfo.gpg is decrypted.  If you get that part worked out, I'd love
to see it.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training