Re: EPA and Tramp writing out a buffer

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: EPA and Tramp writing out a buffer
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 16:16:02 +0200

Matt Ford <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Matt,

> Not sure about an example file.  Here's what happens
>
> (with-temp-file "/ssh:home:lesync/test.gpg"
>   (progn
>     (print "Hello")
>     (print " world!")
>     ))
>
> With EPA and tramp I'm now prompted for a key - and I wish to specify it
> before hand.  Just can't see how to do it for generated content like
> this.  Feels like it should be easy...

That is not the use case you have mentioned initially. You said, that
you have set some local variables in your file, which were not applied
because Tramp has written a temporary file.

I believe such an example of a file with local variables would be
helpful.

If Tramp bothers you again and again with password requests (not related
to EPA), you might check

  (info "(tramp)Password handling")

> Matt

Best regards, Michael.