Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 17:30:12 -0500

> Does this track the emacs 24.1 + mac 3.0 release (plus that small bugfix he
> posted to the list), or the development head + mac 3.0 release? I'm more
> interested in following the dev tip than the mac port, and I'm having some
> trouble building a mac port branch that correctly understands macosx
> relocatable apps (it keeps trying to shove things into /usr/local).

emacs-release follows only official FSF releases of Emacs, and announced
releases of Mac port.  So it has 24.1-mac-3.0, but without the small bugfix
posted to the list.  When there's a new release from Yamamoto, I'll update the
repo.

> I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, since I haven't had the spare time
> to do more than mindless follow the install steps while working on other
> things, but it would be nice to not have to marge from 24.1 up to the trunk
> myself. :-)

I tried applying the Mac-port patch to Emacs trunk, but failed.  I couldn't
even apply it to the emacs-24 branch.  So for now, I just stay on released
versions.

John