Re: bug#8047: 23.2.94; Auto image mode breaks C-x C-w

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: bug#8047: 23.2.94; Auto image mode breaks C-x C-w
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 18:31:25 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > I wonder if we can invent some way of doing this without relying on
 > people's memory so much.  Or at least have a way of doing something
 > _after_ the commit to help the merge, if I do forget.

I think I've suggested this before, but AFAIK svnmerge.py is a good
tool for this, if you're using svn.  The Python folks are planning to
port it to Mercurial, so it should also be port-able to Bazaar.

I do not know how much code and/or delicate design is involved (I've
never needed such a tool in my own work), but presumably something
similar could be done in Emacs Lisp if requiring Yet Another 3rd-Party
Tool doesn't float your boat.