Re: SOAP support in Emacs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: SOAP support in Emacs
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:59:59 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> And apparently debbugs has a SOAP interface, of all things, that allows
>> you to get the meta-data necessary to download all the individual bug
>> mboxes.  So I googled for "emacs soap", and found this:
>
>> http://code.google.com/p/emacs-soap-client/
>
>> And it looks fine.  A candidate for inclusion in Emacs, if the author
>> signs over the copyright to the FSF?  (I haven't been in contact with
>> the author yet.)
>
> I haven't looked at it, but a SOAP library sounds quite acceptable
> for inclusion.

Alex has signed the FSF papers, and he did continue to polish the
code. I propose to add the two packages to the trunk:

;;; soap-client.el -- Access SOAP web services from Emacs
;;; soap-inspect.el -- Interactive inspector for soap WSDL structures

Personally, I use soap-client for months, it works stable for me.

Any objections?

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.