Re: Problems with compositing-enabled metacity in gnome enviroment

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Problems with compositing-enabled metacity in gnome enviroment
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:52:00 +0100

Hello.

I can easily reproduce this bug.  Emacs does get restored, but metacity is
buggy, and doesn't draw the window correctly. Other apps also don't redraw correctly with metacity and compositing_manager true. For example, Chromium menus don't pop down and are left on the screen, the Gnome panel sometimes vanishes, and so on. If you wan't compositing_manager use compiz, it is nowhere near as buggy as metacity. Emacs (and other apps) works fine with it.

BTW, you probably meant (set-frame-parameter nil 'alpha 94). Also, please use report-emacs-bug for bugs like these.