Re: Eliminating a couple of independent face definitions

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Eliminating a couple of independent face definitions
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 11:14:03 -0500

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> Tim Cross <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> My only concern is how you define what to inherit from. For example,
>> in your suggestion of compiler warnings inheriting form
>>  font-lock-comment-face I immediately wondered why you would not
>> inherit from font-lock-warning face?
>
> font-lock-warning-face is already used for compilation errors, which are
> more serious than warnings.

That is an annoyance.  It seems that adding a font-lock-error-face and
make all the current users of font-lock-warning-face use that one is the
right thing to do.

How about changing M-x list-faces-display to mark the faces that just
inherit from other faces with a special tag?
That way when people look to customize their theme it's easy to spot the
base faces.