Re: Next pretest

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Next pretest
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:14:08 +0200

> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 00:18:01 +0800
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > (I've changed three trivial typos emacs_ev. to emacs_ev->)
>
> Thanks, I don't have a W32 installation here to try it on.
> > In key_event, control is going through this branch
> >
> >       else if (event->uChar.AsciiChar < 128)
>
> try changing that to:
>
>      else if (event->uChar.AsciiChar > 0 && event->uChar.AsciiChar < 128)
>
> That should catch the following:
>
> >     uChar = {
> >       UnicodeChar = 164 L'¤\000',
> >       AsciiChar = -92 '¤'
> >     },

The "event->uChar.AsciiChar < 128" part in the above condition causes
compiler warnings:

  w32inevt.c: In function `key_event':
  w32inevt.c:473: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
data type

I think we can remove the second part, because AsciiChar is declared
as CHAR, which is a `signed char' type, so it is always less than
128.  Jason, do you agree?  Juanma, can you check that removing that
does not cause trouble in your use-case?