Re: merge conlict?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: merge conlict?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:07:36 +0100

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

>>> What does that mean?
>>
>> You branch from trunk on a way that the result is the branch which was
>> merged into trunk.
>
> How does that magically turn a non-bisectable branch into a bisectable
> one?

It doesn't. The goal here to selectively apply `bisect' to the parts of
the DAG you are interested on. The left-most part of trunk's DAG should
be bisectable, as it should the left-most part of a big, public branch
like multi-tty was. You are not interested on bisecting my 3 commits
branch that implemented a small feature, are you?

OTOH, maybe we should consider a policy about not merging small personal
branches into trunk. That would require an extra `bzr revert
--forget-merges' before committing to the local trunk mirror plus a bit
of housekeeping, if you follow the distributed workflow described on the
wiki.