Re: Handling invisible text in bidirectional display

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Handling invisible text in bidirectional display
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:43:47 +0100

> If ellipsis should be displayed instead of the invisible text, we will
> now have two places with ellipsis: one instead of c, the other instead
> of A.

Presumably the problem with ellipses can be handled this way.  Overlays
with a before- or after-string could be handled by putting the
before-string at the first displayed character (from the right probably
for a before-string ...).  But what should we do with overlays with a
display property?

martin