Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:13:57 +0100

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

>>> By "we", do you mean the few that do not use a web browser today? I'm
>>> sure the majority of all Emacs developers and/or contributors would
>>> prefer to have a web interface instead of an e-mail interface if they
>>> had to choose between only one of them.
>>
>> Don't be sure without a poll.  The result might surprise you.
>
> My guess is that the majority of Emacs developers wants an Emacs
> interface, no matter if it interacts via SMTP or HTTP with the
> database.

Please note that not only the developers interact with the bug
tracker. A user could be interested in closing a bug he previously
reported, or add a commentary to other report. Finally, not everyone has
mail access from Emacs.

The Version Control system must be tailored to developers. The bug
tracker shall be accessible to users as well.

--
Óscar