Re: Help me unstick my bzr, please.

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Help me unstick my bzr, please.
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 11:02:50 +0100

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > That's probably what happened.
>>

>> I do not understand. Can someone please explain to me why a bazaar
>> user have to take care of this?
>
> It's in the workflow described on the wiki: the process of merging a
> branch with the mainline involves two commands:
>
>  bzr merge
>  bzr commit
>
> The first one merges the text of the files, but does not combine their
> histories.  The second command finishes the merging process by
> updating the history so that it now includes both local commits and
> whatever happened in the mainline since the last time you merged from
> it.

Thanks Eli, but what worries me is that it looks like one could take a
completely wrong path here after "bzr merge". I might be
misunderstanding something but it looks to me like Alan's quick fix
branch got into a bad state just because he did not do "bzr commit"
immediately.

Is that really true??? If so why does not bazaar protect against this?