missing moderation messages [was Re: A separate mailing list for most bu

From: Glenn Morris
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:48:35 -0500

Sean Sieger wrote:

> I don't know if this is related, but I'm not getting mail to moderate
> from debbugs-submit.

It's not related.

It seems that around the time the last moderation message went out
(11.30PST), /etc/aliases was changed to add:

debbugs-submit-owner: /dev/null

I'm not sure this works, because /var/log/exim4/mainlog now contains
many lines of the form:

  /dev/null <address@hidden> R=system_aliases defer
  (-30): file_transport unset in system_aliases router

Perhaps :blackhole: is better?

Either or both method may have the unintended side-effect of exim simply
throwing away all outgoing mail destined for debbugs-submit-owner, and
not bothering to send it to the cc's either. Hence we get no moderation
messages at all.

The web interface still works.