Re: bzr check

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: bzr check
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 20:06:34 +0100

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 19:40, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> How 'bout branching from the suspicious branch into a fresh new
> repository?

It's not a branch I suspect trouble from, it's the shared repository.
Branches are bzr check'ed in a very short time.

> It should rebuild the whole thing from scratch and hence
> fail if there's some corruption somewhere.

Assuming there are several branches in that shared repo, I should
clone them all to be sure of it. Feasible, but an ugly workaround
nonetheless.

bzr check should work, and in a reasonable amount of time (I'm not
asking seconds or even minutes, but tens of hours seems ridiculous).
Other dVCS have consistency checking commands and they usually are
nowhere that slow.

    Juanma