adding branches to bzr?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: adding branches to bzr?
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:55:01 +0900

address@hidden writes:

 > I have some local Emacs branches I maintain in git:
 >
 >   xwidget       - embed different gtk widgets in Emacs windows
 >   imagemagick   - use imagemagick to read and render images in Emacs
 >   filemagic     - incorporate filemagic library in Emacs
 >   windowgroups  - group emacs windows together
 >
 > It would be interesting to share this work in the central bzr repo. How
 > would I do that?

If you can provide a public git repository, there is a bzr-git
extension which allows people to check out from a git repository using
bzr.

 > I can switch to bzr if thats necessary.

That depends on whether you use git features, like colocated branches,
commits staged in the index, and rebasing a lot.  If you don't, it's
probably easier all around to switch (but I would recommend using
Launchpad to host your branches until Savannah switches to bzr+ssh
protocol).