Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 03:50:59 +0100

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 03:28, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:

> https://launchpad.net/bzr-loom
>
> It is underdocumented, but it works AFAIK. You can search the internet
> for experiences with it.

Yes, I know about loom, though I've not used it. And YES, it is
underdocumented :-)

AFAICS, looms are similar to colocated branches, but threads are
sorted, i.e., they have an order dependency.

> OTOH, some people emulate colocated branches with `bzr switch'. The idea
> is that you have a checkout for hacking that you bind to wathever branch
> you chose to work on. For example, lets suppose that you created your
> working checkout with:

And, in this case, my-playground would be usually in a runnable state,
and "bzr switch ../fix-foo" would only touch the updated files,
minimizing recompilation. Right? Neat idea, I'm gonna give it a try.
Thanks!

    Juanma