Re: save-frame-excursion?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: save-frame-excursion?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:16:10 -0400

>> Do you know when/why it lost the focus?

> The org frame lost focus because focus shifted to the frame that
> contained the *Calendar* buffer.

OK, so the next question is "why/when did focus shift to the *Calendar"
buffer" (and just to be more clear by "why/when" I mean at the level of
the Elisp code, which trail of calls causes it).

> I am not that experienced in this area, but as far as I can tell
> save-window-excursion covers similar ground, but only controls what
> window is selected /within a given frame/.  So this macro, on which I
> based org-save-frame-excursion covers similar ground, but it does not
> subsume this macro.

I know neither subsumes the other (sadly).  I just hope new ones can be
made a bit more orthogonal (i.e. with less overlap).

        Stefan