Re: Infrastructural complexity.

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Infrastructural complexity.
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:33:50 +0200

> Yes, I meant to save window configurations across sessions in
> ~/.emacs.desktop.  There are corresponding tasks in etc/TODO:
>
> ** Make desktop.el save the "frame configuration" of Emacs (in some
>   useful sense).

Did anyone ever specify what the "useful sense" of saving a frame
configuration is?

> ** Give desktop.el a feature to switch between different named
>   desktops.

I don't use desktop so I suppose this means to let the user choose (at
the beginning of a session) among different saved desktops.  Does
this have any peculiar relevance for window configurations (as soon as
it has been resolved in a more general sense)?

> ECB layout definitions are powerful but rely on `defadvice' and
> IMO they are over-complicated.

Removing the defadvice dependency is a goal of the window groups
concepts.  In what sense are ECB layouts over-complicated?

martin