Re: Sending attachments

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 13:54:25 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> How, exactly, is message-mode an "imposition" on "people who are happy
>> with simple modes"?
>
> If you insist on everyone switching to message-mode and making
> mail-mode obsolete, you are imposing message-mode on them.

"imposition" is pejorative; it implies that the people being imposed
upon will suffer in some way.  Since I don't see any obvious negative
effect from switching to message-mode (counter-examples welcome!), using
a pejorative term doesn't really seem warranted.

>> Please, please, somebody who asserts that mail-mode is necessary, give
>> some concrete examples as to _why_.
>
> Maybe someone else will.  This old fart simply doesn't want to learn a
> new mode unless it's absolutely necessary.  Is this so hard to
> understand?

What if the new mode is effectively indistinguishable from the old mode?

See, _that's_ why I'm so confused -- message-mode is not some kind of
wacky new UI, it seems to me to be pretty much _the same_ as mail-mode
from the user's point of view.

If I'm wrong about this, I'd like to know.  I've used both, so I think I
have _some_ clue, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Consult, v.i. To seek another's disapproval of a course already decided on.