Re: remove leim/leim-list.el for make bootstrap?

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: remove leim/leim-list.el for make bootstrap?
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:07:24 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, but if quail.elc is from an old quail.el, then it also did this:

>     (with-current-buffer list-buf
>       (setq buffer-file-coding-system 'iso-2022-7bit)
>       (save-buffer 0))

> And if the coding tag says utf-8, I'd expect this to produce a warning
> due to mismatch.

In such a case, the buffer is saved by utf-8 without
warning.  There were discussions about what to do in such a
case, and I think the conclusion was the current behavior
(perhaps to issue warning only when a coding system in
coding-tag can't encode the buffer and some other coding
system is selected).

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden